CoinPeople.com

1988d 25 Cent....maybe?

daggit

Very nice Daggit.

Your pictures are great.

Don't know what kind of doubling that is... again, not an expert.

I couldn't find mention of 1988 quarters at all in The Cherrypickers Guide, but that doesn't mean

the coin doesn't exist.. :ninja: Have you tried other sources on the internet? I like to surf around and see if someone else is trying to sell one, or whatever.

Regardless if it is 'real doubling' or machine doubling, or worn die doubling, or whatever, it is still fun to find and for all of us to see. And... to top it off, it belongs to you!

I have been taking pictures of coins I have been putting aside while I have been looking through the thousands of Lincolns I have acquired over the last few months. Some of the pictures show what I want people to see and some show virtually nothing more than a normal coin. Frustrating to say the least... because those are always the best ones.

I use a Canon Power Shot SD850 IS digital Elph, which has a 4d power macro capability. I try to use every which way angles and different light sources when I snap the picture. Then I upload to the program that came with the camera and transfer the images to my pictures files. From there I open Paint Shop Pro and go about trying to enlarge the images and find the best one to post here on coinpeople.

What system do you use for taking pictures?

It is a lot of fun to share pics with each other and get feedback on what the coins can or could be.

Corky

Hi Corky thank you for the comments. My camera I use is a digital Kodak, 4.0 megapixels. I really know nothing about taking pics...it's hit and miss with me. I did have to get creative to get the close up shots, I bought a cheap $12.00 loupe (10x) wrapped cardboard around the end of it so that when my lens comes out I can slip it over the end. I then sit in front of a light (back killer) and zoom in out till it looks sort of clear....many pics later...and many lithium batteries...I end up with some sort of picture that I have to settle for. Rather primitive but it sometimes works. :ninja:

Archived