CoinPeople.com

1947 wheat..for clarification thank you

daggit

That's the same effect that caused the 1955 "poor man's double die", which in fact has nothing to do with doubled dies.

It's die deterioration - a very worn die...and is very common, especially on 1946, 1953, 1954, and 1955 cents. It does occur on many other dates, like the 1947 you've shown here, and is far more common than many people give credit for.

Anyone who pays a premium for the 1955 cents is sadly lacking in understanding of what they actaully are and just how common they are.

That's the same effect that caused the 1955 "poor man's double die", which in fact has nothing to do with doubled dies.

It's die deterioration - a very worn die...and is very common, especially on 1946, 1953, 1954, and 1955 cents. It does occur on many other dates, like the 1947 you've shown here, and is far more common than many people give credit for.

Anyone who pays a premium for the 1955 cents is sadly lacking in understanding of what they actaully are and just how common they are.

I see, thank you very much Chuck. Process of elimination is becoming very useful here...now I just need to find something that will knock someones socks off LOL! Seriously this has been very educational because I could spot irregularities before but now I'm starting to understand what to look for.

Archived