CoinPeople.com

1998 p Lincoln

doesnt help much... but it still looks like a part of a "B" neat lookin coin...

Thanks... think I will keep it in my 'dkwii' collection (don't know what it is).

I received two rolls of 1998 p's from the same dealer and found coins similar to others in the two rolls, but this is one of a kind from the two. I am now checking the 98d's from the same dealer and haven't found anything similar yet.

I always think it is a big deal when one finds anything different in the coins after the big move to the single squeeze method.

Just dawned on me... if it is a 'B', then from where would it have originated? Perhaps 'LiBerty'... hmmm, I did find a dozen or so of the 98 p's with the bottom of the B in Liberty that looked filled in with either die chips or maybe it was a die crack.

Corky (so many ideas and so little knowledge).

Corky - You were just told what it is. Why does it go in a DKWII pile?

It's a struck through dropped filling, namely a letter. And I agree with Lost Dutchman in saying it appears to be the B of LIBERTY.

I have some from 1995 around here somewhere.

They aren't all that common, but they also aren't going to pay the rent - or even a gallon of gas...but they are neat.

(((I have some from 1995 around here somewhere.

They aren't all that common, but they also aren't going to pay the rent - or even a gallon of gas...but they are neat.)))

Wow, I love your book. I wondered if I would ever have a chance to tell you. I use it everyday.

Thanks for the kudos and confirmation on the dropped letter. I will keep it with the filled B bottom as a before and after example.

Did you happen to see the one I posted after that? It is a 2000 p with a zero on his forehead. Nope, couldn't find the mate to that one.

I have a pretty good camera, but it isn't quite macro enough to photograph some of the more unsual Lincolns I have found.

Thanks again, to all of you nice people,

Corky

Archived