CoinPeople.com

1998 p Lincoln cent from uncirculated roll

(((looks like lincoln had another rough night at the bar again!!)))

Yes Dustin... I figured you would know all about that.... :ninja:

Seriously, I cannot figure this one out. The only thing that comes to mind is the letter 'D'...

And as this is a Philly minted cent, where would the 'D' come from, except from 'GOD'.

Oh my, don't want to get into any religious discussions here or anywhere else.

Corky

a dropped letter occurs when a particular letter becomes clogged with debris... sometimes this whole "hunk of gunk" falls out of the die in the shape of the letter... this can cause the shape of a random letter to appear somewhere else on the coin..... this particular coin does appear to have something shaped like a "D" on his forehead... but it is not the right shape of the "D" in god.. like I said if you could get a clear closeup of the mark it would help... it kind of looks like the bottom of the "B" or the top of an "R"

a dropped letter occurs when a particular letter becomes clogged with debris... sometimes this whole "hunk of gunk" falls out of the die in the shape of the letter... this can cause the shape of a random letter to appear somewhere else on the coin..... this particular coin does appear to have something shaped like a "D" on his forehead... but it is not the right shape of the "D" in god.. like I said if you could get a clear closeup of the mark it would help... it kind of looks like the bottom of the "B" or the top of an "R"

Aha! I see what you mean.

Will see what I can do about a closer up.

My camera won't take a macro any closer than this, but maybe I can get it enlarged in PhotoShop.

Corky

Archived