CoinPeople.com

5Rubles 1899

draden

Hello Everybody,

have you ever seen a 5 rubles coin 1899 with a mintmaster mark "AG / АГ"? it weighs strigt 4,3 g, doesn't have any noticable deviances, but as far as know there were no 5's with AG, unlike to 10 Rubles coins which are often merging. Unfortunately there is no photo. Thank you for your help.

If it's not in the catalogue, then you've got a counterfeit. Sorry but there are starting to be a fair amount of counterfeits popping out these days. Yes, you can say that it weighs about the same as a real one but counterfeiters are getting good these days. Without any pictures, there is nothing I can say except to claim that it's a fake.

In 1899, there are three different mintmarks, EB, FZ and no mintmaster (rare though)

Welcome to coinpeople by the way.

If it's not in the catalogue, then you've got a counterfeit. Sorry but there are starting to be a fair amount of counterfeits popping out these days. Yes, you can say that it weighs about the same as a real one but counterfeiters are getting good these days. Without any pictures, there is nothing I can say except to claim that it's a fake.

In 1899, there are three different mintmarks, EB, FZ and no mintmaster (rare though)

Welcome to coinpeople by the way.

Thank you GXseries. I suspected this might be one from that smugglers tricks, but was not pretty sure. Have a nice day.

Archived