CoinPeople.com

Newbie with Variant question..

Can't really tell. A couple questions. Philadelphia mint? And I'm assuming you are talking about the doubling on the "B"? Nothing shows up in my Morgan and peace dollar book. Right now I'm having problems with Ashmores site loading it may be down.

Have you tried VAMWorld? To see if any other markers show up? How about a close up of the date? It may help.

Can't really tell. A couple questions. Philadelphia mint? And I'm assuming you are talking about the doubling on the "B"? Nothing shows up in my Morgan and peace dollar book. Right now I'm having problems with Ashmores site loading it may be down.

Have you tried VAMWorld? To see if any other markers show up? How about a close up of the date? It may help.

Thanks for replying. I do believe it's a Philadelphia. There is no mm. I believe its mechanical doubling on the R, B and S. Here's a pic of the date:

date1.jpg

I'll check out that site you mentioned. Thanks again!

Its a low date, just not sure whether it would be one of the near low dates. To tell that you look at the position of the 1 to a line coming off the neck. then count back how many denticles. If you don't spot it a little wider shot showing the neck and I'll try to give you a hand. (I'm looking at a low date 1900 right now. Just had not had the chance to id which one yet.)

Edit:

I just did a quick run thru the low dates they don't have anything listed with pictures. I'll probably add mine in later. Go ahead and post a pic and I'll check it against my book.

Archived