CoinPeople.com

Slovenia: Commems and Collector Coins 2008

tabbs

This year Slovenia issued its first euro circulation coins, and also participated in the joint €2 Treaty of Rome commemorative coins program. Next year there will apparently be more issues: Planned for 2008 are ...

* one €2 commemorative coin:

Primoz Trubar (1508-1586) born 500 years ago (yes, the same Trubar who is also depicted on the €1 circulation coin ...)

* and two collector coins:

EU Presidency Jan-Jun 2008; Poet Valentin Vodnik (1758-1819) born 250 years ago

Source: http://www.mf.gov.si/slov/mediji/2007/2007-06-20_7.htm

Christian

I just got my 2007 Slovenian Euros, and I have to say that I really like the designs. I'm still trying to line up a ToR though. This is good to know so I can try to line these up before it's too late. Are there pics anywhere? That link isn't in English, and I'm illiterate in over 200 languages......

No images so far, sorry. And most press releases of the Slovenian government seem to be, well, in Slovene. :ninja:

Actually I don't speak the language either. (Of course I know that "kovanci" means "coins", hehe.) From what I have read in European forums, 25 "themes" had been suggested for next year's commems, then three of those were picked. First was Primoz Trubar, second the Presidency, and third Valentin Vodnik.

According to the NCRM (Numismatic Community Rumor Mill ;) ) one of them may be a gold coin; so we could expect something like a €100 gold EU Presidency coin and a €20 silver Vodnik coin. And while the €2 commemorative coin will most probably be available at face value, the precious metal pieces may carry a surcharge. We'll just have to wait and see ...

Christian

Archived