CoinPeople.com

Question on Uruguay serial number ? Help ?

see323

Hi

Just yesterday, I was offered on this Uruguay "solid number 05555555". I was told that the first zero can only be 1 or 0. The highest serial number is 10 million ( 10,000,000 ). This is quite similiar to the early Brailian currency which also use such numbering system.

Here is the picture of the banknote in question ( 05555555 ). I found another banknote with serial number with the 1 in front and it confused me further since the highest number can only be 10,000,000.

055555-1.jpg

UruguayP61A-50NuevosPesos-1989_f.jpg

Here is my Brazilian solid 0555555 which I acquire earlier using the same numbering system.

Brazil%201%20Cruzeiro%20055555%20-%20800.jpg

Now the question, is whether Uruguay uses the same numbering system as Brazil. If it is, this Uruguay note is considered a solid 555555 since it is impossible to have a full straight 55555555 note. Can anyone help me on this question ?

Thanks in advance.

:ninja:

Hmmmm ... Seems suspect to me... Here's my 100. But there are two 50's in Banknotebank and they're both starting with 1.

901191A.jpg

* Edit * - Te catalog said that replacement notes start off with 9. There wasn't anything else concerning serial numbers.

Hey See323 -

I just checked again after some thinking... The catalog has a series D note that starts off with an 8, while the series F starts off with a 0. Could it be a series G only limitation on the serial numbers?

Hey See323 -

I just checked again after some thinking... The catalog has a series D note that starts off with an 8, while the series F starts off with a 0. Could it be a series G only limitation on the serial numbers?

Dave - Thank for your input. Appreciate your effort in finding out more info on this matter. If individual series have their own numbering, it is terribly confusing unless some expert or Uruguay local collectors can give me some pointers on how these Uruguay serial number runs.

:ninja:

Archived