CoinPeople.com

Interesting proof

DAJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/1834-SP-RUSSIA-Rouble-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Never have seen one quite like this. And the PCGS holder is unusual.

It is hard to tell just what color the toning color is and just how dark the portait is. It could have special lighting.

And the price is hot, of course. In this instance, is the unusual toning adding to the price?

I like a coin that shows some age.

Thoughts of others welcome. Best -

Not quite as compelling as the last excellent post.......

Thoughts of others welcome. Best -

I think that such a picture clearly shows only the letters written on the tag. For me it is difficult to tell where the coin ends and plastic begins - that border is important (one of the things for evaluation if it is a fake or not). I guess a person willing to sell authentic coin valued 1000+ should take care to make good picture.

Without clear image it is pointless to discuss this coin, I am affraid, since we will be telling what it seems rather than what it is.

I think that such a picture clearly shows only the letters written on the tag. For me it is difficult to tell where the coin ends and plastic begins - that border is important (one of the things for evaluation if it is a fake or not). I guess a person willing to sell authentic coin valued 1000+ should take care to make good picture.

Without clear image it is pointless to discuss this coin, I am affraid, since we will be telling what it seems rather than what it is.

Hello people ;)

I think it's nice original example, and price will go over 10k :ninja:

Archived