CoinPeople.com

Coin Club Surprise

jlueke

This Thursday was the first of our clubs (Twin Cities Ancient Coin Club) meeting after the summer hiatus. We rent out a room at a small church in Saint Paul and this year the rooms would be all new since the renovation had recently been completed. The day before the show my wife, Cheri, picked up the keys. Thursday rolled around and I made my way to the church by 7PM. I met our now ex-Vice President his wife and another member. We put out our signs on the doorways and figured out how to operate the new locks. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised at the new meeting location. We had a nice lounge area with comfortable chairs and plenty of table space, plus there was an acoustically enhanced meeting room should we have a large turnout or an important speaker. While that was a pleasant surprise, another surprise was literally lurking around the corner. As we searched for the bathrooms we noticed broken glass in front of two the offices. Since the glass had not been cleaned up, it seemed likely that the incident had occurred after everyone had left and locked the doors. We called the police and when the officer arrived I explained what we had found. He then found one of the offices unlocked and signs of someone clearly searching for a specific item. Luckily, the damage did not appear to be severe and there was no harm but it was a bit of a surprise to have, especially since I am holding the key this year.

Archived