CoinPeople.com

1901 rouble in VF

bobh

I wonder why? L I N K

Of course, it could be 1901-AR. However, the seller mentions nothing about the mintmaster, and there are no images of the edge. I just sent the seller a question about the mintmaster. But does anyone see something else here that I missed?

I wonder why? L I N K

Of course, it could be 1901-AR. However, the seller mentions nothing about the mintmaster, and there are no images of the edge. I just sent the seller a question about the mintmaster. But does anyone see something else here that I missed?

Dear Bobh,

If it is an 1901-AR then may be the price is correct. If it is a plain edge variety (very rare) then the price is very cheap. However, if it is 1901-FZ Ruble (which is the most likely) then the price is way too high, especially for the problem coin as was the one for sale (harshly cleaned).

WCO.

If it is an 1901-AR then may be the price is correct. If it is a plain edge variety (very rare) then the price is very cheap. However, if it is 1901-FZ Ruble (which is the most likely) then the price is way too high, especially for the problem coin as was the one for sale (harshly cleaned).

Thanks, WCO. I didn't even consider that it might have been the plain edge variety. :lol:

However, the seller has responded to my question in the meantime. He doesn't have the slightest idea why the coin went so high, which means that he didn't tell any of the other bidders anything about the edge at all. He did tell me, though, that it is NOT the 1901-AR variety. :ninja:

(I am assuming that if it were the plain edge variety, he would have said something like "there is nothing at all written on the edge"...)

Thanks, WCO. I didn't even consider that it might have been the plain edge variety. :lol:

However, the seller has responded to my question in the meantime. He doesn't have the slightest idea why the coin went so high, which means that he didn't tell any of the other bidders anything about the edge at all. He did tell me, though, that it is NOT the 1901-AR variety. :ninja:

(I am assuming that if it were the plain edge variety, he would have said something like "there is nothing at all written on the edge"...)

Considering its condition then it should worth way less than the auction hammer price. But you never know, surprises are common. :cry:

WCO

Archived