CoinPeople.com

Ancient Coins

Anastasia

Hi! I am new and saying hello. Don't quite know how to use this forum so all assistance is greatly appreciated. I am looking for ancient coins, roman coins, possibly greek coins information. I have 8 new coins sent to me. They are round and all have square holes in the center. One of them you can actually see an object on it that looks like an arrowhead with a capital T in the bottom half and three diagonal lines coming away from the base of it. On the same coin is an arrowhead looking object with 3 horizontal lines in it with only 2 diagonal lines coming from the base of it. This object also has something else above it. Anybody know any info. on country or origin of these coins? I have pics I can e-mail if someone wants to spend some time with me on it. Thanks ever so much and again I say Hello! I will start listing coins soon. Anastasia. :ninja:

Yeah..... Pictures would be helpful.

Welcome to the site. Stick around for a while. I have found this site and the people here to be a great group of people who are great at sharing info and being great people. :lol:

KFC :ninja:

I have 8 new coins sent to me. They are round and all have square holes in the center. One of them you can actually see an object on it that looks like an arrowhead with a capital T in the bottom half and three diagonal lines coming away from the base of it. On the same coin is an arrowhead looking object with 3 horizontal lines in it with only 2 diagonal lines coming from the base of it. This object also has something else above it. Anybody know any info. on country or origin of these coins?

I'd say chinese cash coins.....

do they look anything like these?

ming.gif

mr003538.jpg

image006.jpg

image004.jpg

more info can be found here: http://www.lotn.org/~calkinsc/coins/doc/chinesecash.html

I'd say chinese cash coins.....

do they look anything like these?

ming.gif

mr003538.jpg

image006.jpg

image004.jpg

more info can be found here: http://www.lotn.org/~calkinsc/coins/doc/chinesecash.html

Yes, I'd say Chinese Cash is the most likely conclusion for coins with square holes.

Archived