CoinPeople.com

Appraisal Fees

NewCoin

For those of you who are in the business of charging for coin appraisals, do you charge a percentage, per coin, hourly? Do your fees change with the values of one collection over another?

Your input is appreciated. :ninja:

Unless the coin is of very unusual nature, I wouldn't see the need for anyone getting it appraised. Places like Ebay and HeritageCoin.com have very large data repositories of sold coins that can be queried by anyone in order to get an idea of a coins worth. Heck, even the IRS will accept this as a reasonable source to guage/appraise the worth of items donated to charity (for tax write off). You can post a picture of the coin here in order to get a good idea of the grade,, then goto these sites to get an estimate of worth if sold at auction.

If you set on getting it appraised by someone,, then I'd go ahead and send it in to a TPG,,, probably won't be too much delta in the price and at least you'll come out with a slabbed coin.

Thanks. What I am interested inknowing is if you are in the coin business..dealer, how do you determine what your pricing would be on coin/collection appraisals. Percentage of total value? Fixed fee? Hourly?

Thanks.

Mmmm

I think shops here do people appraisels first

So when I buy I go in shorts with a 20 year old T shirt and 10 year old sneakers

When I sell I go in a three piece suite with italian shoes and handpainted

silk tie :ninja:

Mmmm

I think shops here do people appraisels first

So when I buy I go in shorts with a 20 year old T shirt and 10 year old sneakers

When I sell I go in a three piece suite with italian shoes and handpainted

silk tie  :ninja:

20 year old t-shirts are my favorite!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, it would be nice if there were a list of persons doing appraisels and thier specialties. I'm looking for someone that will do ICCS level grading (conservative) on Canadian Coins. Once I meet my residency requirements, I would gladly set up an account if I could find someone.

Archived