CoinPeople.com

GOETZ: K.195 RIGA-1917

K.195 RIGA-1917, Cast Bronze, 57mm, 55.5g, AU, RR.

Obverse: The Russian bear lies on his back with a German sword through his body and wearing a Jacobinier cap. His injured legs are bandaged with the years 1914, 1915, 1916, and 1917. RIGA –1917.

Reverse: Receding into a vortex, Russian revolutionaries are being cut down by a huge revolving scythe that emanates from an hourglass on an almost skeletal appendage. Inscription; “Der Flugelschlag der Ziet”, The Wingbeat of the Times. A small banner reading “Revoution” can be seen at 4:00 o’clock.

K%20195.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks Bani but I was already aware of the site...it's nice that they are all together but this also allows the dealers to cherrypick from the other dealers easier...I have yet to see any 'deals' to be made there and Pater is stratospheric in his prices.

Granted....I still check the site about every other day "just in case" :ninja:

With regard to the medal in this thread, although I complain about the price, it was still far cheaper than had it been bought at auction in europe. I bought this from a dealer here in the states and didn't have to pay the 50% surcharge in conversion from $>EU.

Thanks Bani but I was already aware of the site...it's nice that they are all together but this also allows the dealers to cherrypick from the other dealers easier...I have yet to see any 'deals' to be made there and Pater is stratospheric in his prices.

Granted....I still check the site about every other day "just in case" :ninja:

With regard to the medal in this thread, although I complain about the price, it was still far cheaper than had it been bought at auction in europe. I bought this from a dealer here in the states and didn't have to pay the 50% surcharge in conversion from $>EU.

Yikes! The dollar/euro exchange rate is making it tough to buy in Europe these days. You were fortunate in this purchase, but what happens when US dealer inventories are depleted and needed items can only be obtained from European sources?

Yikes! The dollar/euro exchange rate is making it tough to buy in Europe these days. You were fortunate in this purchase, but what happens when US dealer inventories are depleted and needed items can only be obtained from European sources?

:ninja:

Actually, there is the belief that far more Goetz material is in the U.S. than Europe. I know for a fact that most of the major collectors are here. Unfortunately the material doesn't show up as often here because it is tied up in the large collections.

If push comes to shove, I will hunker down and do the research on what I already own....which wouldn't be a bad idea either way.

Archived