CoinPeople.com

25 Reasons to not store pennies improperly

corkykile

Here are but a few of the contaminated pennies that I was not able to save.

I think trying to recycle them via my little town bank might not be a good idea as chances are I would get them back in change in a few days.

I am going to ask the bank if they have any way of dealing with these sort of problems.

These are from the 1,261 useless penny collection.

Corky

• 2 weeks later...

Look like cents I found roll after roll of one day. Turns out they were more than likely vacuumed from someones car or something. Various bits of food and "other" stuff you find on car floors.

Look like cents I found roll after roll of one day. Turns out they were more than likely vacuumed from someones car or something. Various bits of food and "other" stuff you find on car floors.

In most cases it seems to be a science project gone totally bezerk. In other cases, whatever was on them, we probably do not want to know.

Corky

Send them in to the scrap yard.

coinflation.com

I didn't think that was legal in the US.

Hmmm... but no-one would ever know if I did bury them, or scatter them in the forest, or toss them from a moving vehicle onto the shoulder (1,000$ fine in California if I got caught doing this). Or do you think Coinstar would reject them?

Oh, Big Canadian M... what is your mailing address? :ninja:

Thank you all,

Corky

Why...? *suspicious*

Thought you might like some copper and part copper pennies.

Actually, I did my boiling the penny treatment yesterday and have managed to cut the completely worthless pennies down to five rolls. Sure was a lot of work for very little return.

The remainder I have rolled, but the coins are not at all something one would want in a collection... even for a door stop.

Everyone has been very nice about all of this nonsense.

Thanks.

Corky

Archived