CoinPeople.com

Moise-Klinkner product catalog

I love numismatic research and one of my themes is token manufacturers. I walked into the WESTS bourse in Sacramento with the intention of seeing a couple of tokens that Larry Elman had told me about the day before. To my surprise, he had a Moise-Klinkner product catalog in the same case and I snapped it up at once. Few early product catalogs have survived and most collectors who have them are not interested in letting go. I felt fortunate to have the opportunity to acquire one for my own collection and research. This particular catalog dates to 1910 after the 1906 earthquake destroyed the building where most of the San Francisco manufacturers were located.

7050080021_56ee40c9ab_b.jpg

I've also constructed a composite image of two other pieces of ephemera, selected Moise storecards, and the first few interior pages. If you want to view it in detail, follow this http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7254/6903992010_9462beb584_o.jpg link.

6903992010_a3b0323b69_b.jpg

That's a wonderful addition to your collection Bill. You were lucky to find such a treasure. Thanks for sharing. Nice photography work too. :bthumbsup:

Bill, This is great. Just the thing that gets my juices flowing. Since I began collecting I've always felt any collection containing only finished products, be it coin or medal, rather sterile without any of the story to go along with them. The importance of a collection is magnified exponentially when placed within its historical context and along side its supporting ephemera.

No one can convince me that a investors box filled with plastic slabs can come anywhere close in impact and beauty to something like this.

I believe I see an ANA display in your future. Great job and good luck!

Scott G

This is just the thing that tempts me into exonumia. A stunning addition and a jaw-droppingly beautiful presentation, too. Thanks for sharing, Bill.

In 1930, Patrick & Co. bought Moise-Klinkner & Co. and changed their name to Patrick & Moise Klinkner Co. They kept the name until 1950 when they reverted to Patrick & Co. They are still in business today, although they no longer make tokens and medals. The other piece of exonumismatic "ephemera" I picked up at the WEST show was this badge from a sales convention. The badge holder was made by P&MK Co. -- yes, by Patrick & Moise Klinkner.

6916519326_9cca8c71ea_b.jpg

Archived