CoinPeople.com

Hall Mint and coin image

habsburgcoin

More than a year ago at this forum there was a thread about an article with a Hall Mint link and a coin image. The thread seems to be gone from the forum, but Google has it cached here.

It was asserted in the thread that the coin was from the Hall Mint. That, however, is highly unlikely. The Hall Mint was shut down in the early 19th century, and the coin image in the article is minted with the image of a very young Otto von Habsburg, and the coin is dated 1917.

Does anyone know whether such a coin is available for sale?

More than a year ago at this forum there was a thread about an article with a Hall Mint link and a coin image. The thread seems to be gone from the forum, but Google has it cached here.

Most of the old CoinPeople threads can be found at Stujoe's site. The one you refer to, for example, is here: http://www.thestujoecollection.net/viewtopic.php?t=7398

Well, I cannot see the image attached to that old thread, neither in Google's cached version, nor in Stujoe's collection. But in case the piece in question is a medal, it may well have been made in Hall.

Christian

Most of the old CoinPeople threads can be found at Stujoe's site. The one you refer to, for example, is here: http://www.thestujoecollection.net/viewtopic.php?t=7398

Well, I cannot see the image attached to that old thread, neither in Google's cached version, nor in Stujoe's collection. But in case the piece in question is a medal, it may well have been made in Hall.

Christian

You're probably right in that it's a medal. There seems to be no sign of denomination. Moreover, I'd guess coins had an image of the Emperor on them – not an image of the Crown Prince.

otto13.jpg

What do you think it's made of? Bronze?

Archived