CoinPeople.com

Question about publishing

LostDutchman

I know we have quite a few published authors among our members. (This is not a coin related work but I think it is a story that needs to be told). I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on where to get started with publishing a work. I met a veteran of the 8th airforce in WWII a while back. He kept a very very detailed diary of the events of his 37 missions over Europe in a B-17. He came to me today and gave me a transcript of one of his diary entries. It was very detailed and very well written. He is intrested in publishing the contents of his diary before he passes on. I told him I would try my hardest to see what this would involve. I was wondering where to start? What kind of things are involved in getting something like this published? From the 20 or so pages I read today about 1 mission I have a feeling that this would make a very intresting and unique firsthand account of the everyday life of a bomber pilot.

Thanks in advance guys! I am very anxious to get the ball rolling on this project!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a proffesional writer and since this is not coin related I can only speculate. It sounds like this would be more of a book in memoir form. Since your friend has no background in publishing maybe a good literary agent would be appropriate. I'm just not sure how you'd tell the good from bad. But maybe Michael will chime in.

Archived