CoinPeople.com

SI: Eight different designs for euro coins

tabbs

• 5 weeks later...

After a dual circulation period of just two weeks, the tolar coins and notes are no longer legal tender in Slovenia.

Commercial banks in the country will change them into euro cash for a few more weeks - until the end of February, I think. During that period of time, the central banks and their branch offices in the other euro countries will also change tolar cash (notes only) free of charge.

As from 1 March, the only way to turn tolars into euros is the central bank in Slovenia. You have until 2016 for your coins; the redemption period for SIT notes is not limited.

Christian

After a dual circulation period of just two weeks, the tolar coins and notes are no longer legal tender in Slovenia.

Commercial banks in the country will change them into euro cash for a few more weeks - until the end of February, I think. During that period of time, the central banks and their branch offices in the other euro countries will also change tolar cash (notes only) free of charge.

As from 1 March, the only way to turn tolars into euros is the central bank in Slovenia. You have until 2016 for your coins; the redemption period for SIT notes is not limited.

Christian

I am always willing to exchange SIT coins into US$ or €. The frozen rate for exchange is about 1 € = 240 SIT (US$1 = 185¼ SIT)

Received my coins from a German seller, yesterday.

Currently I just have the set (which I won't open), but I should get some raw pieces soon ... I still don't really like the €1 coin (too much text in too many different fonts/sizes) but the others are fine. On the 10 cent coin, by the way, the stars are not quite properly aligned - but that seems to be a (minor) error that can be found on all pieces.

Christian

Archived