CoinPeople.com

J Elmer Porter medal (thirft store find)

wabnoles

Hey everyone... found this fully encased bronze medal awarded to a Dr. J. Elmer Porter in recognition of the 75th anniversary of his graduation from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. Upon further research, this medal was award likely in 1961 or 1962. I found it for 50 cents at the thirft store. What was even more intriguing was finding out more about Dr. Porter. He was a small town country doctor who served the Pottsville, PA community for over 60 years. More info here: http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/MP/20100404/LIFE01/304049971

He had a daughter who died in FL, which would probably explain how it is it found its way down here. Attached are some photos.

Great find. It's lots of fun to find something like this and do the research into the person. Good detective work!! :bthumbsup:

Do you have any idea how it was that I could not attach any photos? It said I was not allowed to attach anything.

I don't know. Perhaps you've reached some limit on the number of attachments/bytes allowed for such things. Can you try one again and capture the message/screens that you get so we can see them?