CoinPeople.com

Any ideas where to sell?

ttae

Not worth sending to PCGS? If it grades VF is worth it?

many thanks.

Rigato - (reeded edge) catalogues at €300 in BB (VF), €1,700 in SPL(EF) in GIGANTE 2013

Liscio - (plain edge) catalogues at €800 in BB (VF), €1,600 in SPL(EF) in GIGANTE 2013

Any ideas what a realistic value would be?

And potentially what it could raise at auction?

Difficult questions there.

Not worth sending to PCGS? If it grades VF is worth it?

many thanks.

Most continental European coins sell best in Europe, and in Europe, slabs are generally frowned upon, to my understanding.

I would only get it slabbed if

1. The cost would be worth it, and/or you have authenticity concerns

2. You intend to sell it in the Americas

Rigato - (reeded edge) catalogues at €300 in BB (VF), €1,700 in SPL(EF) in GIGANTE 2013

Liscio - (plain edge) catalogues at €800 in BB (VF), €1,600 in SPL(EF) in GIGANTE 2013

Any ideas what a realistic value would be?

And potentially what it could raise at auction?

Difficult questions there.

Best would be to search for recent auction results.

Maybe to your surprise but PCGS slabs are everywhere here in France, even high grade commons are being slabbed.

I think in the last Year or so its really picking up

Here is the vice president of PCGS talking about exactly this.

But you only have to look at French ebay to see how many slabs are hanging around.

I have found also though you can acheive 60 - 70 % of Gadourys or lefranc or cgb valuations.

Without being slabbed. But its the same old story of finding the buyers.

For anyone who doesnt know,

http://www.lefranc.net/

is an impressive open source used in conjunction with http://www.cgb.fr/boutique,modernes.html

you have most of the varietys and types detailed! The cgb website is a powerful open source.

If anyone has any questions about French modern coinage try me. You never know.

Or if anyone is looking for anything specific try me.

For the 1924 50 C I have figured I would never be able to afford the even think about collecting the victor emmanuel iii series.

I just want what its worth, not looking for a quick sale, and the longer I keep it the more and more fond I become.

For example and American coin of the same breed (Rare) If it graded VF would it acheive the valuation at sale.

I appreciate its difficult to say, and also from my images there not the easiest to see clearly, but the coin is in very nice condition.

I payed 0.25 cents euro no joke..

There must be a healthy following of the victor emmanuel iii series in the states no?

Thank you for sharing - that is news to me - though admittedly, I seldom see French coins of sufficient value to be worth slabbing (where as with Germany, Italy, Britain and Switzerland, to name a few, it's much more frequent to encounter higher value coins).

For European coins in the Americas, I would say that British pre-decimal and German states are probably two of the most collected areas, with Russian becoming more popular of late as well.