CoinPeople.com

The Collector's Assistant coin software and Coin Grading Assistant

Circus

The Collector's Assistant coin software and Coin Grading Assistant

New to the hobby, and wondering about this software by Carlisle, Both look great on the web sites. But was wondering if anybody uses them? And if they deliver what they claim in the descriptions. Since I am starting from no software and my experiences with other software over the years, from back in the olden days of Radio Shacks, and Timex Sinclar computers. I would like to cut out trying multiple software packages.

Any observations would be helpful, thanks

:clown2:

Welcome to the forum!

I have no experience with any of those software packages. The only things I have looked at software-wise for numismatics have been a few android apps for my tablet "just to see". I use hard printed books for my grading and identifying, for the most part.

Sorry I could be of no real help.

Welcome. I've tried a number of software programs but all were too much work for me to bother keeping up with. I do have my certified coins on PCGS and NGCs databases. It's pretty easy to use and now they allow non-certified coins to be entered and pics to be stored. A quick google will get you to both sites.

I've never tried any of those programs people talk about for coins. I'll stick to Excel. The reasons are simple. It is a Simple program. AND if and when you have any questions, you can ask almost anyone that has a computer and they'll know or tell you how to find out.

One nice thing about Excel is it's so common on PC's that if you simply place your info on a flash drive, you can see it almost anywhere. Cant do that if you use some software not on others computers.