CoinPeople.com

Obscure info - Chinese notes

XavierZ33

I understand from Kevin that you all or some of you cannot see the Chinese characters in my posts. As I understand very little of my personal computer it never came to my mind that you cannot see these characters... I can see them clearly... So it's useless to include Chinese characters in my posts.

Or can this problem be solved?

Erwin

Erwin, I can see the Chinese Characters you posted. I use IE Windows 7. Seems like it can read different languages. Maybe you have to set to read in Chinese? I'm curious how you type in Chinese charactetrs for your post?

Erwin, I can see the Chinese Characters you posted. I use IE Windows 7. Seems like it can read different languages. Maybe you have to set to read in Chinese? I'm curious how you type in Chinese charactetrs for your post?

Seeing Chinese Characters all depends if you have Chinese fonts installed and enabled in your OS. Instructions on how to enable them depend on the OS version.

To type other Charecters, for example if you are using Windows, you can enable the Language Bar. Again to enable it depends on the OS. In Windows it is usually in the Control Panel > Regional Language Options.

Windows 7, you usualy need to install the language pack. Then Click on start > Control Panel > Click on clock, Language and Region > Region and Language > Keyboard and Languages > Change keyboards > Add > pick Chinese

But I could be wrong. I am getting old and cannot remember things as well.

I understand from Kevin that you all or some of you cannot see the Chinese characters in my posts. As I understand very little of my personal computer it never came to my mind that you cannot see these characters... I can see them clearly... So it's useless to include Chinese characters in my posts.

Or can this problem be solved?

Erwin

Mr. Erwin,

I can see the Chinese characters in all the browsers that I have tried in (although I cannot read Chinese). Considering that you are always providing the English equivalent, the original does have value, even if some members cannot see them.

Archived