CoinPeople.com

What is wrong with this auction?

Rhino

I am watching this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120540970862

It's a 5 Ruble gold coin, which normally would already be $100+ at this point, with only hours left until the end... but it's at $41? And there is a reserve that no one is trying to reach with any big bids? I put in a bid of $40 and saw that all the previous bidders only put in increments of $1.... :ninja: but the seller seems ok, no fake comments or anything serious.

I'd like a gold coin for my collection, but this makes me wonder what's the problem?

it is big big luck to asquire a gold russian coin cheap these days :ninja:

the topic starter faced emergency at $40.00 :ninja:

the topic starter faced emergency at $40.00 ;)

:ninja: I didn't face an emergency, I was just really surprised. I watch gold coin auctions, and they all have this trend of being $120-150+ when the auction is ending in less than 24 hours, and here is a coin that is still stuck at 36.

I wish it stopped at $40 ;) I'm sure we all wish that.

It is possible to get an MS65 for about ~$200. I see no reason in buying such a common coin if it is not high quality.

It is not so long ago that, even in high grade, these were considered bullion coins. But things have changed and there are now buyers willing to pay more for choice examples.

:ninja: I didn't face an emergency, I was just really surprised. I watch gold coin auctions, and they all have this trend of being $120-150+ when the auction is ending in less than 24 hours, and here is a coin that is still stuck at 36.

I wish it stopped at $40 ;) I'm sure we all wish that.

are you familiar with a fact that real bids come to the last 10 seconds ;)

are you familiar with a fact that real bids come to the last 10 seconds :ninja:

I am, I am... I actually bid in the last few seconds on all auctions, my ebay thing shows "<1 Hour" on all my past bids... but still it looked odd, I haven't seen that kind of coin stay low for so long before. I started thinking maybe the coin was fake and I wasn't recognizing what was wrong with it. But no, gold prices kicked in as expected ;)

Archived