CoinPeople.com

1979 10 Rouble Silver Coin

Rhino

Hey guys, thought I'd get an opinion about 2 coins being offered to me:

One is a 1979 10 Rouble silver coin, from the Moscow Olympic collection... depicts ancient weightlifting. The other is a 1979 10 Rouble silver coin, Moscow Olympics, depicting Judo. Both are in good condition, with some minor spotting in a few places. Each is being offered for $15... Worth it? I'm just starting out collecting the Olympic coins and haven't had a chance to get to know the values. Thanks

One is a 1979 10 Rouble silver coin, from the Moscow Olympic collection... depicts ancient weightlifting. The other is a 1979 10 Rouble silver coin, Moscow Olympics, depicting Judo. Both are in good condition, with some minor spotting in a few places. Each is being offered for $15... Worth it? I'm just starting out collecting the Olympic coins and haven't had a chance to get to know the values. Thanks

Sounds like they're being offered at melt or very close to it.

these series is available in proof

if you just started - so do a proof without any defects on coins

search ebay for series - compare the prices

one day may be you buy the whole set of Moscow olympic: 5 & 10 rubles

what esle - it is enough for starter :ninja:

Archived