CoinPeople.com

Medal "To the Visitor" of the Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich

Посътителю.

My latest attempt to find out more about Anton Sharff, an austrian medallist of medal "To the Visitor" of the Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich Romanov, ended with no results. I sent to Austrian mint/museum some request get some more info on him and his medallistic life but no answer received so far.

I have some briefly short paragraphs from internet but this is not what I am looking for.

I need something deeper, a connection, or details how the Grand Duke ordered a medal, did he approved a design, was there a correspondence, and so on.

Possibly someone could know a book about him (Anton Sharff)?

Thank you on advance.

http://www.coinarchives.com/42c310965b08c9.../image03676.jpg

:ninja:

Not listed anywhere in Forrer. Any chance there's another spelling of the name?

Anton Scharff :ninja:

Geez, it's 16 1/2 pages long. I've got to pop out to a meeting. I'll try to summarize (or scan) later tonight or tomorrow.

thank you on advance :ninja:

This will be faster the way my week is going :ninja:

Click here, then click on Read Online (or any other option you want). His biography starts at page 358.

This will be faster the way my week is going ;)

Click here, then click on Read Online (or any other option you want). His biography starts at page 358.

Thank you so much. Indeed, A Scharff was so famous and made so many valuable medals that I do not think I ever find details on the one ordered to him from Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich Romanov for his medal "To the Visitor" (of his collection). The only chance is that I can get some material from reference books at the end of his biography in Forrer catalog.

In any cases - Thank you :ninja:

Thank you so much. Indeed, A Scharff was so famous and made so many valuable medals that I do not think I ever find details on the one ordered to him from Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich Romanov for his medal "To the Visitor" (of his collection). The only chance is that I can get some material from reference books at the end of his biography in Forrer catalog.

In any cases - Thank you :ninja:

Maybe ANS library has some old reference books ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived