CoinPeople.com

Asia most unique coin from India.I need help from the error coin expert to identify it.THanks

Hi,This is an india 10 paise coin issued in 1966 and the most unique coin I have ever seen in my entire life.Obviously,I can see a straight line in black colour on obverse surface,the straight line just goes across the three lion as the coat of arm of india.It looks more like a sign that show "NO" to the three lions as the national coat of arm of india.I swear to god that I have never used anything like pensil or black pen to draw the straight line on the surface and it cannot be rubbed or erased off by my own finger and dry cloth.I do not think it is a scratch line too becouse a scratch line would shine on its surface.When I tried to use my fingernail to dig it and I can feel the straight line block my fingernail alittle bit,seems the black line is stick on the surface by itself.This coin is still uncirculated becouse my dad took it from a bank in in india back in 1966,when he noticed the straight line on the surface then he kept this coin to his coin collection until now.I have shown this coin to many coin scientis and experts and they just cannot explain the straight line on it,some of them said this is considered as UNIQUE item.I have never ever seen any coin anywhere from the world with a straight line on its surface before,probably you have never seen something like this too.I would think this is certainly as unique piece and maybe the most expensive coin of india.Please help me to identify this coin,give me your opinion from the superlarge scans provided below.Your help is always apprieiciated.Thank you

1-12.jpg

2-12.jpg

3-10.jpg

It's likely just carbon oxidization in the aluminum, most would consider this damage. It's interesting, but unlikely it adds any value to the coin.

It's likely just carbon oxidization in the aluminum, most would consider this damage. It's interesting, but unlikely it adds any value to the coin.

Vfox,Thank you for your comment about it and youre the first and only person who can comment something like this.It is becouse your comment is difference than what other coin experts comments about it.Im alittle bit confused those comments from you and other experts.Anyway,I have seen many coins with an extra dot on its surface but I have never seen any coin from anywhere of the world with an extra straight like on its surface just exactly look like this.Has anyone ever seen any coin with an extra straight line on its surface same exactly like this one before? :ninja:

It's not a common phenomena, but it's hardly unique. It's common enough on aluminum coins that I've seen what you are asking about quite a few times. I would guess it has something to do with the quality control when refining the planchets. I know you're looking to label this as a unique error, but just like striations on early Lincoln cents from the US, they are interesting but not really an error. If anything it could be called a planchet flaw.

Archived