CoinPeople.com

Gorny & Mosch 178...

bobh

Lot 6749 (50 kopeks 1911) is advertised by the auction house as a proof ("Feinstes PP [=polierte Platte]"), yet they go on to say that it was slabbed MS-63 by NGC!

Did anyone get a chance to see this one in person? The price realized of €4,000 means that whoever bought it thought it was a proof. Perhaps it was slabbed "PR-63" and not "MS-63"? It's not possible to tell from the auction pictures whether it is a proof or not. Actually, it looks to me like it might have seen some circulation. :ninja:

Lot 6749 (50 kopeks 1911) is advertised by the auction house as a proof ("Feinstes PP [=polierte Platte]"), yet they go on to say that it was slabbed MS-63 by NGC!

Did anyone get a chance to see this one in person? The price realized of €4,000 means that whoever bought it thought it was a proof. Perhaps it was slabbed "PR-63" and not "MS-63"? It's not possible to tell from the auction pictures whether it is a proof or not. Actually, it looks to me like it might have seen some circulation. :ninja:

I might easily be wrong and (unlike the auction house) I have seen only the picture and not the coin, but it looks more like a business strike than a proof to me. I think that a true proof should have more sharply defined details than this coin does.

I might easily be wrong and (unlike the auction house) I have seen only the picture and not the coin, but it looks more like a business strike than a proof to me. I think that a true proof should have more sharply defined details than this coin does.

it can be a true that a pic does reflect a proof state,

however ENLARGE pic in printed catalog can support a version that

it was a mistake in description and it is proof ;)

go back and see lot 6736 description with Gangut ruble - same PP but MS63 :ninja:

Archived