CoinPeople.com

Coin Grading Help

SethWestmore

These are the front and reverses of the coins. They are in the same positions just flipped so you can match both sides. I forgot to flip the one in the Plastic it is not double sided. The black bar at the top of the pic can be clicked to zoom in closer. Then you can click that picture for an even closer look.

Anyways, I am looking for help grading these coins. Any ideas? I thank you all in advance for any help you can give me. What do you think the values of these are?

img005.jpg - Front

img006.jpg - Back

These are the front and reverses of the coins. They are in the same positions just flipped so you can match both sides. I forgot to flip the one in the Plastic it is not double sided. The black bar at the top of the pic can be clicked to zoom in closer. Then you can click that picture for an even closer look.

Anyways, I am looking for help grading these coins. Any ideas? I thank you all in advance for any help you can give me. What do you think the values of these are?

The good news is that you have a nice little collection of US Silver Dollars and I would be happy to have any of them in my collection. The look like they are genuine and have not been harshly cleaned, and that's good.

As for the grades - you must realize how important their condition is so kudos to you for looking into that. From just looking at the pictures (I had to load the photobucket img and I had to flip the reverses because it was making my head hurt) and not being too careful, I would say that the grades range from VG8 to maybe as high as an EF40. There are a few rim dings that detract - especially the 01.

As for value. They all have silver value and numismatic value. Unfortunately, what I see are all common dates. A few have mintmarks (the little s, d, o on the reverse). No reverse is shown on the 78 and I suppose that it could be a cc mintmark, but probably not. So, no, it does not look like you have a fortune in $$$ there.

Easiest way to find out a real value is to go to ebay, search for the coin in question, click on 'completed auctions' and see what people have paid for coins in similar condition.

Search the net for lots of free info and pictures on grading - as well as price lists, mintmarks and more general info. From a bookstore or library you can find a redbook and some grading standard books.

Bottom line is that you have what may be the start of great collection and hobby!

Archived