CoinPeople.com

Severin books, GDM in Kuenker auction 152

bobh

These look like offers of original issues, not the reprints (gold and platinum book + silver book). Might be a good chance at a bargain, considering that these are collector's items:

Gold and Platinum Coinage of Imperial Russia from 1701 to 1911. A compilation of all known types and varieties. New York 1958. XV, 77 S., 17 Tfn.; : The Silver Coinage of Imperial Russia 1682 to 1917. A compilation of all known types and varieties. Basel u.a. 1965. 276 S., 48 Tfn. Leinen. (2)

The reprint of the 1916 French edition of the Grand Duke Mikhailovitch treatise is listed here:

Monnaies de l'empire de Russie 1725-1894. Nachdruck Boston 1973 der Ausgabe Paris 1916. 657 S. mit Abb. Kunstleder.

I have the first edition of the Silver Coinage book. Didn't realize it was a collector's item.

I have seen it on eBay selling for between $100-$200, but sometimes you can find it cheaper. I bought mine for about €20 a few years ago, in pretty good condition.

The book about gold and platinum coins has been reprinted and is readily available. Although the Severin silver book was translated into Russian and published, I don't recall ever seeing an English reprint. Both of the originals, of course, have been out of print for decades.

Archived