CoinPeople.com

AUTHENTIFICATION AND GRADE

SOMMER

dbda_1.jpgb170_1.jpg :ninja: HELLO

Sorry but i need again adves concerning certains of my coins( i spend a lot of time to gain experience, but in few months,it s always difficult for me,and for a long time maybe)

I see here people with a lot of knowledge and experience, i m really impressed and give you my congratulations.But now i can understand this passion,it s really exciting and interesting to search news coins, discover rare coins, and know about history and wort of mintmasters.

I bought this coin (1 rouble 1892) last week, and the other ( 1 rouble 1774) this week end,i m almost sure , that it s true(the seller is a professionnal i can send back the coin if i want), but can you give me your advice and estimate the grade.I bought these coins before discovering this site.... ;)

Thank you a lot again for your help , i hope you ll have time to share with me sometimes concerning russian coins.

I wish you a good week end.

Best regards from france

jean

b57c_1.jpgb628_1.jpg

here is the second coin

thank you

Bon soir, SOMMER ... Bienvenue en notre forum! :ninja:

I don't collect many coins of either Alexander III or silver of Catherine II (although I do collect the copper 5 kopek coins of Catherine II). However, the Alex III rouble looks like a problem-free, genuine VF to me. Not more, not less. But it is only my opinion! (ask me about Nicholas II coins some time, that is another story... ;) ).

As to the Catherine II rouble, I cannot say whether it is genuine or not. I would also grade it VF, though. Although there are not a whole lot of details left in some places, for a coin of this age, i think VF is more appropriate than F ... at any rate, it is not a high-end VF.

Archived