CoinPeople.com

1961 d Lincoln Cent

A D shifted down and to the right. Clear as day to me. Makes me wonder if I'm not seeing the right thing if you asked about it...

Now, that did make a difference. I didn't want to influence others about what I think is there. Sometimes it is necessary to have someone take that first and fresh look to see what is really there.

Thanks for checking this out. I really like to try and determine what an error is before foist it onto anyone else.

As far as I can tell there is the upright of the left side of the D smack in the middle of the top D, with slight southeast drift.

The rest of the bottom D must have disappeared... or I just don't see it.

Now I am going back to the reference books and websites to see if I can identify it positively.

Thanks Deadpoint, I really needed some help on this one. :ninja:

Corky

Now, that did make a difference. I didn't want to influence others about what I think is there. Sometimes it is necessary to have someone take that first and fresh look to see what is really there.

Thanks for checking this out. I really like to try and determine what an error is before foist it onto anyone else.

As far as I can tell there is the upright of the left side of the D smack in the middle of the top D, with slight southeast drift.

The rest of the bottom D must have disappeared... or I just don't see it.

Now I am going back to the reference books and websites to see if I can identify it positively.

Thanks Deadpoint, I really needed some help on this one. :ninja:

Corky

No problem! I'm sorry if my response seemed a bit snarky (i've been trying to use that word for weeks now)!

Post which one it turns out to be here. I'm interested.

Thank you Mr. D, and thanks deadpoint.

I just needed a little nudge in the right direction and I found it at Coppercoins.com.

Oh, Mr. D, I think you might have seen one of my coins like this here before, but it is a second one that I found. It is also deeply toned and the only real part of the first D that I can discern is a tag at the bottom of the top D. If it was as good of an example as the one I just posted we could probably have determined what it is. Now I am leaning for the same classification for the weaker example.

By the way, if it wasn't for your coppercoins.com and your books, and your kind help on the forum, and everyone's patience with this yearling newbie, I think I would still be flailing about in a sea of unchartered Lincoln cents.

Thanks ever so much.

Corky

Archived