CoinPeople.com

U.S. Mint Medal Information

• 4 months later...
I would like to know if there is a book that lists the medals struck at the U.S. Mint during the years of the 1950's to the latter part of the 1900's. Such as the Pony Express Medals, San Diego and other city & State Anniversaries and Centennials? Thank you. Tokenboy

The US Mint/Treasury Department put out a soft cover book listing all of their medals, which was issued each year during the 1960's and 1970's.

• 2 weeks later...

While the book printed by the US Govt, on US medals is ok, what you really need is the new book by Bill Swoger (which I stock, and have available on my web site):

NATIONAL COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, Swoger. Covering all medals since 1873, with the authority by which they were struck, the stories behind their issuance, the saga of the events for which they were issued and the history they represent. Includes about 135 So-Called Dollars, including many previously unlisted varieties and metals. Includes all Congress and US Mint authorized medals struck at the US Mint. Includes the original legislation wording, history of the event and the medal, detailed description of each variety, and pictures the original documentation sent with the medals. Each description includes obverse and reverse full-color photos of each size issued, with the original issue price, mintages, sizes, weights and metals. Hundreds of listed varieties, with over 800 color photos and color cover. An impressive and comprehensive work detailing national medals. $225/postpaid. Hard-Bound 2008, 300p. Detailed descriptions, Historical Notes. \\

Please note that Swoger is NOT offering any dealer discounts on this book, so if you want it, you'll have to pay the $225. Direct from Swoger, or from me, the price is the same (but I do make a small commission).

Archived