CoinPeople.com

Numismatic News Plans 55th Anniversary Issue

akdrv

IOLA, Wis. (Aug. 22, 2007) — Numismatic News is celebrating 55 years with its Oct. 13 issue and is looking for help from coin enthusiasts.

The anniversary issue of Numismatic News will highlight the 55 hottest coins for 2008, the 55 must-visit shops, shows or hobby venues, and 55 years of memories. News editors are looking for coin collectors’ and dealers’ input!

Top submissions will be featured in the anniversary issue and eligible for prizes in each category. The top response in each category will receive a Liberty Head $20 gold piece. The next nine best entries in each category will receive a 2007 silver American Eagle. Submission deadline is Tuesday, Sept. 4.

Categories include:

55 Hottest Coins for 2008

What do you think will be the hottest coin in 2008? Send in images of the coin along with a 100-word statement that explains the coin and why you think it will be 2008's hottest.

55 Must-visit Shops, Shows or Hobby Venues

Where is the place to be for collectors? Send a photo of the shop, show or venue, along with the full name and address and contact information. Who is the proprietor, chairman or top officer? How long has the place been in business? What does it sell? Write a 20-50 word statement explaining what makes it unique.

55 Years of Memories/Photo Gallery

What is your most cherished hobby-related memory? Send in old photos and a story. It could be "the day I met…," or "the day I bought…," or "my most memorable numismatic moment."

Please e-mail all submissions to maggie.pahl@fwpubs.com by Sept. 4. Include photos if possible.

Archived