CoinPeople.com

Book disposal

jamesicus

I have always intended to dispose of (what I consider to be) surplus items and references from my various pursuits and collecting interests when I reached old age and the time has come for a gradual disposal. In as far as my Roman coin collecting is concerned, I will retain my collection of Roman Britain London Mint coins and references and dispose of my collection of Julio-Claudian coins and references. To that end, I will shortly be listing the following books on e-bay under the member name gus9. All the books are in at least (bookseller grade) good or very good condition -- normal secondhand book appearance with no torn or missing pages - some may have my calligraphed ownership notation on the flyleaf, otherwise no owner notes. I invite all fellow collectors to check my e-bay listings from time to time.

Thank you,

James

THE ROMAN IMPERIAL COINAGE (RIC) - Volume I (31 BC - AD 69) - C.H. V. Sutherland, Spink and Sons Ltd, London, 1984.

COINS OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE IN THE BRITISH MUSEUM (BMCRE) - Volume I (Augustus to Vitellius) - Harold Mattingly, published by the Trustees of the British Museum, London, 1965. (1976 reprint).

COINAGE IN ROMAN IMPERIAL POLICY 31 BC - AD 68 - C.H. V. Sutherland, Sanford J. Durst, New York, 1978.

ROMAN HISTORY AND COINAGE 44 BC - AD 69 - C.H. V. Sutherland, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1987.

MONETA IMPERII ROMANI (MIR 2 und 3) -- Tiberius and Caius (Caligula) - Wolfgang Szaivert, Verlag der Österreichischen Akadamie der Wissenschaften, Wein, 1984.

ASPECTS OF THE PRINCIPATE OF TIBERIUS - Numismatic Notes and Monographs No. 116 - Michael Grant, The American Numismatic Society, New York, 1950.

TRIUMVIRS: ANTHONY, LEPIDUS, AND OCTAVIAN - H. A. Grueber, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE COINAGES OF THE CIVIL WARS OF 68-69 AD - H. Mattingly, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

VINDEX AND GALBA - Colin M. Kraay, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE COINAGES OF AUGUSTUS - E. A. Sydenham, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE TWELVE CAESARS - Micheal Grant, Charles Scribner' Sons, New York, 1975.

AUGUSTUS - John Buchan, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1937.

THE AGE OF AUGUSTUS - Donald Earl, Exeter Books, New York, 1980.

CALIGULA - THE CORRUPTION OF POWER - Anthony A. Barrett, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1989.

AGRIPPINA (Sex, Power & Politics in the early Empire) - Anthony A. Barrett, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1996.

NERO - THE END OF A DYNASTY - Miriam T. Griffin, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1984.

NERO - EMPEROR IN REVOLT - Michael Grant, American Heritage Press, New York, 1970.

I have always intended to dispose of (what I consider to be) surplus items and references from my various pursuits and collecting interests when I reached old age so that I can spare my widow (or survivors) as much grief as possible in contending with that exhausting and odious task when I die. Well, here I am approaching eighty years of age and the time has come for a gradual disposal. In as far as my Roman coin collecting is concerned, I will retain my collection of Roman Britain London Mint coins and references and dispose of my collection of Julio-Claudian coins and references. To that end, I will shortly be listing the following books on e-bay under the member name gus9. All the books are in at least (bookseller grade) good or very good condition -- normal secondhand book appearance with no torn or missing pages - some may have my calligraphed ownership notation on the flyleaf, otherwise no owner notes. I invite all fellow collectors to check my e-bay listings from time to time.

Thank you,

James

THE ROMAN IMPERIAL COINAGE (RIC) - Volume I (31 BC - AD 69) - C.H. V. Sutherland, Spink and Sons Ltd, London, 1984.

COINS OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE IN THE BRITISH MUSEUM (BMCRE) - Volume I (Augustus to Vitellius) - Harold Mattingly, published by the Trustees of the British Museum, London, 1965. (1976 reprint).

COINAGE IN ROMAN IMPERIAL POLICY 31 BC - AD 68 - C.H. V. Sutherland, Sanford J. Durst, New York, 1978.

ROMAN HISTORY AND COINAGE 44 BC - AD 69 - C.H. V. Sutherland, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1987.

MONETA IMPERII ROMANI (MIR 2 und 3) -- Tiberius and Caius (Caligula) - Wolfgang Szaivert, Verlag der Österreichischen Akadamie der Wissenschaften, Wein, 1984.

ASPECTS OF THE PRINCIPATE OF TIBERIUS - Numismatic Notes and Monographs No. 116 - Michael Grant, The American Numismatic Society, New York, 1950.

TRIUMVIRS: ANTHONY, LEPIDUS, AND OCTAVIAN - H. A. Grueber, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE COINAGES OF THE CIVIL WARS OF 68-69 AD - H. Mattingly, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

VINDEX AND GALBA - Colin M. Kraay, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE COINAGES OF AUGUSTUS - E. A. Sydenham, Numismatic Chronicle reprint series (Attic Books, Ltd.), New York, 1977.

THE TWELVE CAESARS - Micheal Grant, Charles Scribner' Sons, New York, 1975.

AUGUSTUS - John Buchan, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1937.

THE AGE OF AUGUSTUS - Donald Earl, Exeter Books, New York, 1980.

CALIGULA - THE CORRUPTION OF POWER - Anthony A. Barrett, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1989.

AGRIPPINA (Sex, Power & Politics in the early Empire) - Anthony A. Barrett, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1996.

NERO - THE END OF A DYNASTY - Miriam T. Griffin, Yale University Press, New Haven & London, 1984.

NERO - EMPEROR IN REVOLT - Michael Grant, American Heritage Press, New York, 1970.

That's quite an impressive list of books. What are doing with the coins? Private sale or consigment to an auction?

Archived