CoinPeople.com

French celtic coins' identification website

webmaster-statere

Hi,

I am french I have created a celtic coins' search engine. I wanted to show you it on the following URL :

www.piece-gauloise.com

I hope for you you speak french because it is working only in french currently. Why not translate it if someone speak french and english and knows the technicals words.

This is working very simple and with a multi-criteria search.

For example if you have a gold stater on which you see a horse juste search for :

or cheval (gold horse) will give -> http://www.piece-gauloise.com/search.php?query=or+cheval

I've recently included the legends of the coins so if you see a fragment of a legend or just a simple letter, search for :

'PI' will give -> http://www.piece-gauloise.com/search.php?q...bmit=Rechercher

I have just made a quick page with all the coins I've got in my database for the foreign people because the names of the coins are quite similars.

Let me now you opinion of it.

And if you have any identification to do don't hesitate to ask me.

Cheers

Webmaster-statere

I do collect Celtic coins of Gaul and know a little about them. I'm impressed with your site. I entered PIXTILOS as a search term. It returned 7 or 10 coins in the class of PIXTILOS. I would expand the information, but I like what I see. I assume you are using the La Tour illustrations?

I do collect Celtic coins of Gaul and know a little about them. I'm impressed with your site. I entered PIXTILOS as a search term. It returned 7 or 10 coins in the class of PIXTILOS. I would expand the information, but I like what I see. I assume you are using the La Tour illustrations?

Hi,

Thank you for your commentary. Yes all the coins I've got in my database are illustrated by the original draws of La Tour. It is easer to me because all the coins have a reference.

I am thinking at the moment to make a graphical search engine for the celtic coins on which you will just click on a metal color, a symbol,... step by step to finally have the list of all the coins wanted.

Webmaster-statere

Archived