CoinPeople.com

60 years commerative in Leipsig ?

Hello all.

I was asked by a member in the forum I'm in (admin at for their stamp/coin sub forum) what this is...

coin1.1.JPG

coin2.1.JPG

My own work lead me to the German national shooting club and their homepage - even send a email to their museeum to see if they knew anything about it. but either they won't seeanything from that period ... or they just hate emails....

Was hopeing anyone of you could really tell me what this is...

Best regards

Kloster

It is a shooting medal from Germany. The piece is not listed in Colbert and Hyder, Medallic Portraits of Adolf Hitler. We do list 5 shooting medals from 1933. Medal C-42 features the same conjoined busts, but the inscription reads, REICHSPRASIDENT v. HINDENBURG REICHSKANZLER A. HITLER. C-42 is unsigned, but the piece you picture appears to have a mark below the busts that I cannot read. It appears the manufacturer had a basic obverse die with various modifications for different shooting fests.

Thanks for the reply Bill

I don't know how well your german is - this is what I found at the museeum's homepage

http://www.schuetzenbund.de/dsb/tradition/...ittes_reich.php

Die Nationalsozialisten standen den Schützen mehr als skeptisch gegenüber: Ihre Traditionen und Rituale waren ihnen zu kompliziert, teilweise unverständlich und deshalb verdächtig. Der germanische Ursprung des volkstümlichen Vogelschießens konnte nicht eindeutig nachgewiesen werden, das sportliche Schießen mit seinen vielen Regeln war vollkommen unpraktisch und taugte nicht zur paramilitärischen Ausbildung der Jugend. Die Schützen selbst waren starrsinnig, wenn es um Fahnen, Uniformen und Symbole ging, auf die die Nazis selbst soviel Wert legten. Sie waren auch auf den Schießständen im Weg, die zwar noch den Vereinen gehörten, aber schon für die Übungen der SA und der Hitlerjugend gebraucht wurden.

Das 20. Deutsche Bundesschießen 1934 in Leipzig stand schon ganz unter dem Zeichen des Hakenkreuzes und war ein Misserfolg.

Ab 1935 wurde der Deutsche Schützenbund (wie die anderen Sportverbände) gleichgeschaltet bzw. aufgelöst und zwangsweise in den Nationalsozialistischen Reichsbund für Leibesübungen überführt.

I've asked the owner if he could send me the marks (in written form that is :ninja: ), I can either make out a "ANS" or a "RNS"

Best regards

Kloster

thank you Bill.

The owner send me the reply - the mark below the heads says "585"

any help?

Regards

Kloster

Thanks for the reply Bill

I don't know how well your german is - this is what I found at the museeum's homepage

http://www.schuetzenbund.de/dsb/tradition/...ittes_reich.php

I've asked the owner if he could send me the marks (in written form that is :ninja: ), I can either make out a "ANS" or a "RNS"

Best regards

Kloster

Kloster:

Here's the translation of the above:

The Nazis faced the shotters more than sceptical: Their traditions and rituals were too complicated for them, partly incomprehensible and therefore suspicious. The Germanic origin of the popular "Vogelschießen" (bird-shooting) couldn't be clearly proven, the sportsmanlike shooting with its many rules was completely impractical and wasn't good for the paramilitary training of the youth.

The shooters were obstinate concerning their flags, uniforms and symbols on which the Nazis set so much value themselves. They additionally thwarted the Nazis on the shooting stands, which in fact belonged to the shotting clubs, but were needed for the training of the SA and Hitleryouth already.

The 20th German Shooting Festival, already under the influence of the Swastika, was a disappointment.

From 1935 on the German Shooting Federation was synchronized, respectively suspended (as all other sports federations) and compulsorily integrated into the "Reichsbund für Leibesübungen."

585 should be the gold content of the medal :lol:

585 should be the gold content of the medal  :ninja:

I thought about that. Is the medal gold? Other medals we documented were silver, bronze, or plated. Size would also be of interest if available.

last picture I've recived.

Would it be posible for you lads en lass to give me a list of questions, instead of me sending 1 mail at the time :ninja:

Thanks for the aid sofar.

Kloster

coin3.1.JPG

I thought about that. Is the medal gold? Other medals we documented were silver, bronze, or plated. Size would also be of interest if available.

Bill, it was just a guess, but what sense would it make to put 585 on a metal other than gold? :ninja:

Archived