CoinPeople.com

New Features?

Dave

Dockwalliper says we need new threads so here goes -

I have been wondering where these security holograms on banknotes would lead to and I was thinking that perhaps they will lead to holographic portraits or vignettes. The cost is likely prohibitive, but I bet someone pulls it off before too long.

But it got me to thinking what new features would I put into a banknote if I were able to design one? I thought about those batteries you could touch the ends to and see if there was any charge left in them when your fingers completed a circuit, and I then thought about ‘mood rings’, as the battery’s indicator always reminded me of them – then I thought that having some sort of material that could be checked by touching the ends and getting a color change would be pretty nice. I’m not sure how it’d work, but hey – if you could get something besides a line going across, perhaps have the letters in the denomination change color or something, that’d be pretty cool.

So - until I can think of how it could be pulled off and sell it to the BEP, what new feature(s) would you like to see in banknotes?

Actually, something along the lines of what you were thinking....... I have seen checks that had a spot on the back that would disappear when you held your finger on it..... THe ones I have seen have been a blue dot, and when you apply the heat from your finger, and remove your finger, the blue color goes away and reveals some kind of little mark on the paper....... I think womething like that would be a cool feature on a banknote

KFC :ninja:

Archived