CoinPeople.com

Hi from Cheshire, UK

Hello everyone,

I'm another of those bitten by the collecting bug after inheriting a small collection from a relative.

It occurs to me that coin collecting encompasses so many interests and skills in one hobby: history, art, geography, metallurgy, chemistry, treasure-hunting... Fortunately I enjoy most of the above and quite like research.

I haven't decided where to focus yet but my relative has left me a wonderfully random, global selection, so I could pop up anywhere in these forums!

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. I hope that you enjoy it here as you learn and grow in a great hobby.

Welcome the same happened to me. I inherited some coins and after I became a ripoff victim I started to gather information about my other coins. Luckily I sold only two coins so the damage wasn't that grave. Enjoy the community it's a great place for rookies like you and me.

Thanks both. I doubt from my initial research that I have anything very valuable or scarce but I'm enjoying learning how to grade them, have some nicely preserved farthings (yes, the aboutfarthings website is amazing) and I have fallen for peruvian and spanish silver in a big way.

Sorry to hear you got stung, seldom. Maybe the universe will make it up to you with a rare find some day?