CoinPeople.com

1966 error penny

jarod

Hi everyone,

I just started collecting coins. I'm more interested in error coins and error currencies. I'm running into a 1966 error penny that I need your expertise. I don't want to buy something fake or something that is not a type of error from non Mint company. Any inputs is appreciated. Is it worth it to invest something like this error.

Thank you,

J

1966_penny_error.JPG

that looks like heat was applied to the coin

The seller is telling me this is a laminate error. I'm not familiar with this laminate error. Enlight me..... thanks. I'm still waiting for his reply for the back side of this penny. I will let you know.

Thanks,

J

Check this out Jarod: Laminations as defined by LostDutchman

When I think of laminations, I think of a coin that I found that looked like someone took a shaving off of - an indent on the coin itself. Your coin looks like something is protruding off of it instead.

Check this out Jarod: Laminations as defined by LostDutchman

When I think of laminations, I think of a coin that I found that looked like someone took a shaving off of - an indent on the coin itself. Your coin looks like something is protruding off of it instead.

Hi,

Thank you for the illustration of lamination. I guess the coin I'm interested in buying does not match with lamination description. I will continue to find out what this error is. I'm glad to hear all the experts like yourself. I'm not even sure if it is worthwhile to purchase this coin.

Thank you and any other inputs would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

J

don't write it off completely... id still like to see a picture of the reverse...

Hi,

The seller said the back side is just like an ordinary penny. I just don't get sometimes, I guess he/she does not want me to buy it. The buyer is offering me $10 for this coin. I'm neot even sure if this ia good buy or not. Oh well, I guess I'll pass.

Thanks everyone.

J

Archived