CoinPeople.com

Digging through the 50% off box @ the LCS last visit

In printing they were called dingbats, a little device to fill space and give visual interest. I think it is just to fill the one lobe so it wouldn't seem off balanced. I had thought that it the shape was a clover.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FullSizeRender%20221.jpg
FullSizeRender%2021_1.jpg
what looks to be an early advertising token.Since there is no in trade or good for or cash value on it. This is the first one of that type I have seen.
FullSizeRender%2097.jpg
FullSizeRender%20161.jpg
This is one of my favorites of the lot that I found. Can't explain why but the combination of devices on the faces are pleasing to me. Probably a genric style arcade token.

You've got quite a few of these "trade" tokens. Any idea on the number of different tokens in your collection?

Nice tokens again. I like the star cutout. I wonder if that was a cancellation punch of some kind. Neat palmolive soap token too. Still would be a nice thing these days. Soap has gotten pretty pricey.

I have seen a number of tokens with stars and hexagons in the center. Since it was for a local theater I think it would be easier if they just stoped accecpting them then having them cancelled. And yes the soap ones are great have something to go with the antique bars of soap I found cleaning out my parents house.

FullSizeRender%20334.jpg

To bad it isn't the same brand.

FullSizeRender%20150.jpg
FullSizeRender%20109.jpg
Generic car wash token
FullSizeRender%20232.jpg
FullSizeRender%20230.jpg