CoinPeople.com

Imperial Russia notes! (Pleske!)

Selene

So, after uncovering hundreds of pretty rare imperial Russian bank notes, I've managed to find some treasures.

What I am most interested in, is a 500 ruble note (1898) singed by Pleske. For I have yet to find any of this particular note being sold.

I don't feel confident enough to grade the condition, but it has been in circulation, but considering that it's in a pretty amazing shape.

Any experts? I've seen a few Shipovs, and even Timashev's being sold, but never a Pleske.

• 2 weeks later...

The Russian catalog prices it between $200 and $900 but I think most people who know that catalog and Russian currency agree this is quite optimistic, even with the terrible exchange rate (the actual prices are between 12k rubles for Good up to 70k for XF). A realistic price would probably be $150 in VG up to $500 or $600 in XF, but if it has good coloring, that 70000 ruble mark may not be too far off (upwards of $900 in XF). Hard to value without a picture.