CoinPeople.com

Spanish colonial

I'm in need of several different types of 4 and 8 reale coinage.

I am not overly concerned about the mint or assayer combination, looking for common here.

I am not interested in anything sea salvaged, chopmarked, or holed unless the price is right. :ninja:

I've updated this list about four times today, seems I know a lot less about these designs than I thought!

Here is an awesome link: http://fao-coins.info/pillar/pillar.html

I need is a Charles IV (carlos or carolus) 8 reale portrait type with the (IV) instead of the (IIII) As far as I've seen this coin has the head of Charles III with the designation IV for when Charles IV took over the crown in december of that year (1789 & 1790 only).

Also a transitional version from Guatemala for Ferdinand VII with King Charles IV bust....I think these were minted 1808-1811 as well.

Next is the (1790) 8 reale of Charles IIII with the "old head" or head of Charles III.

Next are 3 different types of 8 reale pillar types. (Also a 4 reale of any king of this coin type)

I need one for Philip V (1732-1747)

I need one for Ferdinand VI (1748-1759)

I need one for Charles III (1759-1771)

Finally I am looking for a Charles (carlos or carolus) and Isabella 4 reale type 1 (Without waves at pillars) and type 2 (With waves at pillars).

PM with prices and pics, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity.

Got the Charles III and armored bust Ferdinand VII 8 reales now, still need the others.

Archived