CoinPeople.com

The 2006 US Mint Unc. set.

Dockwalliper

• 4 weeks later...

So I go online to the mint's website to check my order today, and I look at the shipping address and billing address and they are my old address from when I lived in Portland, which was more than 4 years ago!!! The zip code however was my correct Indiana zip code. So I called up, and it appears that somehow the address was changed and they shipped it to Portland. Now I have to wait 30 days and if it doesn't arrive then I fill out a form and 2-3 weeks after that I'll get my coins. I've never had a problem with the mint website/ordering before, but now I've got $220 in coins somewhere in limbo! And I have the original order printed out with the correct address! :ninja:

Here gremlin, gremlin, gremlin...

That is too funny! :ninja:

@Jeff: Did you receive it yet?

By the way, I don't know where I should post it... The US-Mint will sell the 2005 Silverproofset soon. I believe I will buy one.

Yes, I did receive my order on Thursday. I am not sure what happened, since I spoke with a mint supervisor for 20 minutes and the website and her system both showed my address changed before they shipped the order, but somehow it got to me. Very strange...must be Gremlins... :ninja:

@Jeff: Did you receive it yet?

By the way, I don't know where I should post it... The US-Mint will sell the 2005 Silverproofset soon. I believe I will buy one.

Anyone know why they are re-releasing the 2005 set? And for that matter why not go ahead and re-release all proof sets and just goof all the prices up. (Or down.)

I found it.

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?..._release&ID=681

The 2005 Silver set is on the list. They had to stop sales because it contained the nickels. It has not been reissued. Only the remaining inventory will be sold. Sales started July 25th.

Thanks for the link. :ninja:

I wonder how many other coins they have stashed away like that what did not sell? A future GSA sale?

Archived