CoinPeople.com

anyone care to grade this Seated Liberty half?

Doogy

These aren't too bad in EF. Maybe $100 or so. You should be able to find them fairly easily. They didn't get spent too much.

I would grade it VG/F, but the grade's not important for this piece, just think of the history of this coin! 1861 minted in New Orleans, was it before the Confederates took over the mint or after? Just an amazing piece of history in 12.5g of 0.900 fine silver.

I would grade it VG/F, but the grade's not important for this piece, just think of the history of this coin!  1861 minted in New Orleans, was it before the Confederates took over the mint or after?  Just an amazing piece of history in 12.5g of 0.900 fine silver.

thanks Jeff, I couldn't have said it better myself. I bought this coin on a whim, and paying only $40, think it is a cool piece of US history for the money.

Doug

I'd say a solid VG. For me, F has to have a little hair detail and LIBERTY should be legible. The grades above VF in postwar dates aren't very scarce lately, in my experience. War years is a different story, with dates in the early '60s seldom seen around here in grades better than yours.

Archived