CoinPeople.com

Got three mint Sacajewa Dollars for change

Poet_with_a_Gun

I think the SACs are very attractive coins when they are fresh and have that wonderful golden color.

I think the SACs are very attractive coins when they are fresh and have that wonderful golden color.

Yeah, too bad after a week in circulation they turn an ugly brass bedpost color. :ninja: But I really like the design, it has a few proportion flaws, but other than that it's nice looking. I still prefer the GM's liberty head version though.

That gold color becomes extremely reactive when greasy fingers are grabbing the coins out of an NJ Transit ticket machine change slot on a hot summer day.

At least that was my experience.

That gold color is becomes extremely reactive when greasy fingers are grabbing the coins out of an NJ Transit ticket machine change slot on a hot summer day.

At least that was my experience.

The question is, though, "Why would anyone WANT to grab one of the horrible looking things?".

I actually find the design to be quite attractive, but I do have to say the Gallery Mint flowing hair design was the best concept out of all of them.

I actually find the design to be quite attractive, but I do have to say the Gallery Mint flowing hair design was the best concept out of all of them.

Very much so! I do like the soaring eagle on the reverse though. I just think sacagawea's face looks strange....coming from an art standpoint, it's just not proportioned correctly.

When they start the new presidential dollar campaign, will the Sac's be done with???

Yes, from what I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...
When they start the new presidential dollar campaign, will the Sac's be done with???

Yes, from what I've heard.

No! The legislation authorizing the Presidential dollars requires them to strike one Sac dollar for every two Presidential dollars struck. Say thank you to the elected representatives of N Dakota where Sacagawea was born.

Archived