CoinPeople.com

Carson City Time!

Dan769

gallery_70_30_37194.jpggallery_70_30_3312.jpg

One of my favorite coins, I remember haggling a dealer over $5 for this coin, I tried to get it under $100, but he wouldn't budge, so I walked the floor and caved and gave him the C-note.

Anybody grade this one? I keeping coming up with a borderline VG-F coin, but looking at some similar graded coins in F-12 holders and mine looks a heck of lot better. input appreciated.

gallery_70_30_25682.jpggallery_70_30_24510.jpg

This half was sent to PCGS for grading, about 5 years back, came back in a body bag for questionable surfaces, ie: thumbing. I don't know, I cant see it. Of course it's my coin, so maybe I don't want to see it :ninja:

Any input on this one?

Anyone else have any CC's?

As I recall you were into CC Morgans and have quite a nice collection of those. Are you just now expanding into other CC coins or have you been doing this all along? Are you doing a CC type set?

I have the Morgans, and was doing Circs on all the other minor coins that I can afford, but as you know with coins there are so many distractions.

A CC type set would great, but way past my budget now, esp the Seated Dollar and the Gold.

No CC's for you Art? If not I'll have to pick one up for you at the next show in June.

I have the Morgans, and was doing Circs on all the other minor coins that I can afford, but as you know with coins there are so many distractions.

A CC type set would great, but way past my budget now, esp the Seated Dollar and the Gold.

No CC's for you Art? If not I'll have to pick one up for you at the next show in June.

No CCs for me. I used to have the GSA Morgans - one of each year they released. It was a nice run. But alas, college and such struck again.

"This half was sent to PCGS for grading, about 5 years back, came back in a body bag for questionable surfaces, ie: thumbing. I don't know, I cant see it. Of course it's my coin, so maybe I don't want to see it"

Looks great to me. What is thumbing?

"This half was sent to PCGS for grading, about 5 years back, came back in a body bag for questionable surfaces, ie: thumbing. I don't know, I cant see it. Of course it's my coin, so maybe I don't want to see it"

Looks great to me. What is thumbing?

Where they actually use the thumb (Or finger) to rub down a coin and ease scratches. Supposedly tough to spot.

Thing what I don't understand is how you tell whether intentional or just someone rolling or rubbing on a coin nervously.

Nice ones Mark, I love the dime. I've been so tempted to acquire the tail bar variety along with the 1900-O/CC variety, but so many coins so little money.

Nice CC's, keep em coming.

Archived