CoinPeople.com

At least no ones bidding

Mark Stilson

The best part is really his location and feedback though.

???, ??? China and the first like 100 or so feedbacks are all ???? and unverified users lol. Man I hate people like this guy.

URL removed due to potential virus, sry guys

Well the admin may not really know if something is fake or not, and unless there is no listing in books of that coin existing, it's rather hard to convince someone that it's not real. (Hence people still bidding on that junk) Also see the latest issue of CoinAge for an interesting article on this matter.

So I say dislike the person selling it, not the site hosting it. (If they lack the know-how of seeing the difference....If heritage coins hosted something like this...then hate the admins lol.)

Don't click on that link, I just did and it gave my computer a virus :ninja:

That's a direct link from ebay.....I don't think that would have given you a virus...but I'll delete it from my post just to make sure. Didn't mean for anyone to get anything from that....

That's a direct link from ebay.....I don't think that would have given you a virus...but I'll delete it from my post just to make sure. Didn't mean for anyone to get anything from that....

Unfortunately it did come directly from that link because its listing it in the report from my virus protection that failed to stop it.

Unfortunately it did come directly from that link because its listing it in the report from my virus protection that failed to stop it.

Well, you have my apologies, but I just copied the link from eBay...so I really don't know how it came from there. I deleted the link from my post, and you should do the same from your quoted post, so nobody else gets anything. Sorry for this mess, but like I said....I have no clue.

Yes I deleted it from the quote I had up there. Geez those things "irk" me and just in case cause I didn't sound forgiving I sure wasn't blaming you so no sorries needed :ninja: Just wanted to quickly warn others of the impending doom at the other end. Does seem odd that there would be one attached to an ebay auction, now that makes me worry about ebay :lol:

It's possible their auctions have virus material imbeded in the loaded (images) material. My virus scan didn't pick anything up, so I don't know. Did your scanner say what the virus was? I'm no expert on computer stuff, so that's about my best guess.

So, that's one more that that foreign counterfiet coins can do to you! lol :lol::ninja::cry:

Actually it has your name in it, its a Trojan from what I can gather and it said it was: js/fox.a whatever that is.

But my name is Vfox lol. I think I've heard of that kind of virus before (mainly because of it's name lol)

Here is some info I found on it.

QUICK LINKS Understanding New Pattern Format | Printer Friendly Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malware type: JavaScript

Aliases: TrojanDownloader.JS.Small, JS/Fox.A

In the wild: Yes

Destructive: No

Language: English

Platform: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP

Encrypted: Yes

Overall risk rating: Very Low

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported infections: Low

Damage potential: Low

Distribution potential: Low

Description:

This Trojan is written using JavaScript, and is usually embedded in an HTML (HyperText MarkUp Language) Web page.

It opens ASPs (Active Server Page) from the active folder, and conceals its activities from the user by hiding its windows.

It runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP.

Archived