CoinPeople.com

Minor doubling

Dan769

Are people here interested in these very minute doubling of coins like the 2006 cent that graced the cover of coin world a few weeks back?

They blew up the pic probably 500 times and I can hardly make out the doubling.

Do these types of minor doubling interest anyone here? Just curious.

Discuss :ninja:

Not at all. To me true doubling is like the 1955 double date cent. You should be able to see it with the eye and not have to use 10x power or more to make it out.

I'm not much of a fan of this type of "rarity" I do have a 55 DD - poor man's version, and you can actually see the doublling on the fives without using a magnifier. I like that but wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Are people here interested in these very minute doubling of coins like the 2006 cent that graced the cover of coin world a few weeks back?

They blew up the pic probably 500 times and I can hardly make out the doubling.

Do these types of minor doubling interest anyone here? Just curious.

Discuss :ninja:

Not really. I'm not even that into the varieties that involve those little 'S' 'D', or"P' characers. Generally my interest stops at the type level. Now the 1955 or 1972 Doubled Dies are kind of cool, just because they are unusual and anyone can identify those errors.

Since the squeeze the whole hub in one sitting now, what caused this doubling? Did the hub vibrate when they made it?

I'm not much of a fan of this type of "rarity" I do have a 55 DD - poor man's version, and you can actually see the doublling on the fives without using a magnifier. I like that but wouldn't pay a premium for it.

I have that same coin Art, when my Mom passed away 2 1/2 years ago we were cleaning out her house readying it for sale and I found a old piggy bank, where the most recent coin in there was 1972 Ike and 1972 cents. There were so many 1955 cents in there I thought for sure I'd find a true 55 Double die, instead a bunch of poor mans DD, I kept the best and sent the rest into a coinstar machine with a ton of wheaties as company. i kinda regret that but under the circumstances i wasn't think too clearly.

And i agree with you on the doubling, if I can't see it with the naked eye I'm not interested. :ninja:

Archived