CoinPeople.com

Do you specialize on your banknotes collection ?

see323

Wow. The yellow color scheme is fantastic on those notes. Also, I find it fascinating that Brunei and Singapore share currency. I had no idea. Great notes, See.

Yes, historically both countries are under the British rule and uses the same Malayan currency notes. When both countries became independant, they started issuing their own currencies. Arrangement of such agreement comes naturally. It facilitates ease of use and convenient. Money changers will be screaming for loss of business. :ninja:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another question I should know the answer to, See: Those black areas on the last two notes, are those clear windows through the note? Are those only found on polymer notes?

;):ninja: i come from that country originaly ;)

I would love to visit Iran someday, when it is lead by the majority that is. I nearly moved there when I was a kid, we were pretty excited about going. But then everything changed in a big hurry and we never went.

Another question I should know the answer to, See: Those black areas on the last two notes, are those clear windows through the note? Are those only found on polymer notes?

Yes, they are clear window found on polymer notes. It's a security features in polymer notes. Usually they will have a design such as the denomination or some symbol relating to the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed showcasing the Singapore solid 555555 collection in my website for all the 4 series of currency starting from 1967 to 2007.

http://www.notepassion.com/NP-BN-WS-555555-Singapore.html

FC-Singapore.jpg

:ninja:

Nice Note - and Congrat's on finishing your set!

Congrats!!!!

I am so excited for you and I really wish I could go out and get started on a similar set right now!

just found a tip guys ;) while reading history on wikipedia ;)

"The Song Dynasty (Chinese: 宋朝; Pinyin: Sòng Cháo; Wade-Giles: Sung Ch'ao) was a ruling dynasty in China between 960 and 1279 AD. It succeeded the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms era, and was followed by the Yuan Dynasty. It was the first government in world history to issue paper money"

wow ;) now we know who made the first bank notes :ninja:

I'm pretty sure the Mongols under Genghis Khan's rule were the first to issue paper currency. It was basically use them or die under his orders. I don't have an exact date, but I am almost certain it was during his time period the first paper currencies were used.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure the Mongols under Genghis Khan's rule were the first to issue paper currency. It was basically use them or die under his orders. I don't have an exact date, but I am almost certain it was during his time period the first paper currencies were used.

dont think so try papermoney history at wikipedia.

I am expecting two new 555555 notes from Australia and New Zealand to arrive in the next two weeks.

Two notes are :

(1) New Zealand one is a 1977-1981 $10 555555. It is a scarce early series solid 555555 in AU condition. I won it during a recent Noble Auction in Australia.

(2) Australia 2005 $50 JA 05 555555. It is considered a super solid note since it is not possible to find a JA 55 555555. I will need to wait until year 2055 to have a note such as JA 55 555555. The numeric 05 represent year 2005 ( Vietnam also uses the same standard of representing the serial number ).

I shall put it up here when it arrive in my hands. Cheer...

dont think so try papermoney history at wikipedia.

Just so you know, anyone can put info into wikipedia. Just be careful as to what it says is "fact"

Here is a closer date to when it started

In 118 B.C., banknotes in the form of leather money were used in China. One-foot square pieces of white deerskin edged in vivid colors were exchanged for goods. This is believed to be the beginning of paper money.

Archived